Keeping The Faith In Hollywood!

Keeping The Faith In Hollywood!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer Box Office Heats Up!



It seems that there was something for everyone at theaters these past few week! Pixar's animated heroine with a bow and arrow, Brave best out its rivals in its first week but went down to #3 behind Mark Wahberg and his raunchy, pot smoking talking teddy bear voiced by Seth McFarlane in Ted followed by more raunchiness with Matthew McConaghey and Channing Tatum starring as male strippers in  Magic Mike. Brave was followed by a gun-totting Madea in Witness Protection for the #1, 2 and #4 spots, respectively.




Things got even hotter as the new Spider Man reboot opened to great numbers. I'm looking forward to The Dark Knight Rises, the newest Batman sequel with Tom Hardy as Bane as well as Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, which opens July 20th. Meanwhile Comic-Con starts this weekend so there should be 1 or 2 interesting stories coming out of that.

Olympics:
The London Summer Olympics starts runs July 27th -August but it is doubtful that this will take much out of the summer B.O. numbers.

My IMHO Movie Reviews:
I'm way behind on my summer movie viewing and reviewing 'cause I'm busy writing and polishing a few scripts. Also, my movie logline (story idea) and part of my movie outline was selected for the short film project, Let's Make A Movie for the Alameda Writers Group. The AWG plans to make the short film in 2013 and the script is in it's first draft. If all goes well, I should be getting my first and second writing credits! I should be returning to my IMHO reviews by mid July so "stay tuned"!

Update:
I read an interesting conversation on deadline.com about animated movie characters Ted, the raunchy teddy bear from the movie, Ted and Toon Town's Roger Rabbit from Who Killed Roger Rabbit fame as compared to Citizen Kane ("what!"). Of course, I couldn't resist making a comment on Jessica Rabbit versus Angelina Jolie. So sad that Jessica's never won an Oscar ;D Check my response and more here:
http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/early-fireworks-ted-and-magic-mike-open-with-huge-2m-midnights/

No comments:

Post a Comment