Keeping The Faith In Hollywood!

Keeping The Faith In Hollywood!

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Comic Con and Summer 2013 Movies It's been 5 years since I've been to Comic Con and I can't say that I've had any interest in heading back any time soon. It seems like so much of "the same ole same ole" i.e. superhero movies or sci-fi retreads. Cable TV shows have been garnering more attention in the past 2-3 years though which has been a nice change. Summer Movies: Though Iron Man started off strong, this may end up as a lackluster summer for the movies. The Superman reboot, Man Of Steel seems okay but I have no interest in seeing it 'cause nothing can compare with the original for me. Oblivion - I think I've seen this movie before... sorta Olympus Has Fallen - I might see this After Earth - looks crappy (sorry Will and son). Iron Man 3 - will probably see this just for Ben Kingsley Animation: Monsters Inc and Despicable Me 2 are "must sees" for me and are bound to dominate the box office. Update: The Lone Ranger - the trailers looked terrible and I wanted to like this. The Wolverine - doesn't look like the story is there and it's underperforming. RIRP - Men In Black with dead people instead of aliens Pacific Rim - Transformer meets Godzilla? White House Down - a poor man's Olympus Has Fallen Elysium - looks like District 9 meets Oblivion Two Guns - Love Denzel but I'm "meh" about this one. Reds 2 - "meh" Comedies: This Is The End - No In A World - looks funny so I might see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment