Keeping The Faith In Hollywood!

Keeping The Faith In Hollywood!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

R.I.P. Brittany Murphy

I loved Brittany Murphy in movies like Clueless and 8 Mile. She was definitely talented but I always felt that she would be with us for only a short while. Something about her was so pure, so fragile. Her eyes baby innocent and trusting… her voice and mannerisms bubbly like a child’s. I became convinced more so when I found out that she voiced the character, Luanne, the eternal optimist from The King of the Hill. I have a feeling that Brittany was a lot like Luanne in real life and I don’t think I’ll be able to watch the show’s reruns without crying now.

Of late, Brittany had been looking too thin, too wired and unwell so there will be a lot of tabloid-like speculations about the cause of death. Irregardless of the cause of her death, Brittany really needed someone to protect her from all the mess the industry threw at her when she was living. I remember some of the criticisms leveled at her over the years. Too chubby v.s. too thin, cute v.s. leading woman pretty, complex brunette v.s. care-free blonde, single and hopeful v.s engaged or married. Those who knew Brittany say that her mother tried to protect her as much as she could, her husband not so much.

Well, she’s free of the mess now. May God rest her soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment