Keeping The Faith In Hollywood!

Keeping The Faith In Hollywood!

Saturday, October 20, 2012

"This Is Home" Art Exhibit

SEPT 2012

Hey, art lovers!
Ecclesia Church has another art exhibit up called "This Is Home" and my pencil drawing of my mom among the flora and fauna of the Virgin Islands was selected for it. "This Is Home" runs from August 26th - October 21st and it's filled with amazing artwork from some of Ecclesia's and the L.A.-area's best artists. I'm truly honored to have been selected to show my work at Ecclesia again and I now feel like I can honestly call myself a legitimate artist. Pics of the exhibit to come real soon :)



Update 9-7-12:
No pics of the exhibit yet because my camera isn't working. I have posted an earlier pic of my newly exhibited drawing of my mom on here. I e-mailed it to my mom, too and she said it didn't really look like her. I assured her that I had changed the final drawing a lot before submitting it and that it was now looking more like her. But she's right, something's still not right about it...

Update 10-2-12:
I finished another drawing of my mom that I think looks very much like her. She was right that the one of her that's now in the Home exhibit was of her younger self so it looked more like me. I finally realize why these drawings were so difficult for me to do. I just couldn't bring myself to age my mother's face... to add lines and loss of volume to a face that
I love so dearly... a face that looks so much like mine... Then I thought, "That chica looks good for 75 and a 1/2" and I finished the drawing-lol.



God's very blessings to my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment