Keeping The Faith In Hollywood!

Keeping The Faith In Hollywood!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Lord is My Shepherd!

Today at church we are focused on the promises of the Bible, specifically the 23rd Psalm, which is my favorite Bible verse. Everyone knows this psalm and some, like my self, can recite it from memory. But what do we really understand about the hopeful and secured message it reveals? At church we were charged to study the words of the psalm and search our hearts all week long. We then were asked to re-write the psalm and submit it with a list of "what was lacking" in our lives.

The pastor explained the importance of the Lord and "the Good Shepherd" and emphasized how every line of the psalm shows how God promises to provide for us.
At home, I read the psalm again and again and meditated on the words. Then I looked for musical inspiration by playing Jeff Majors rendition of this psalm sang by Don Jones(most memorably at the late Coretta Scott King's funeral) as I quietly meditation of the words again. As usual, this particular rendition of Psalm 23 leaves me undone, tearful and on my knees before God.

In doing this exercise of study and reflection of Psalm 23, I found new and great personal interpretations of my own that have helped cement my faith. Here are a few good interpretations and personal reflections I found from other Christian sites online.


www.jesusplusnothing.com/studies/online/psalm23.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment