Keeping The Faith In Hollywood!

Keeping The Faith In Hollywood!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hollywood Health and Society on Capitol Hill

Actress Mariska Hargitay and Executive Producer Neal Baer, M.D. both of Law and Order: SVU headlined a Hollywood, Health & Society's Global Health panel, held at The Library of Congress on March 24, 2010 in Washington, DC (see pictures of the event). Everyone knows Mariska Hargitay but many may not know Dr. Baer. Neal is a respected writer/producer in Hollywood who went through medical school and pediatric residency after writing for ER for many years. He is now the president of the board for Hollywood, Health and Society(HHS) and he is doing a magnificent job of educating TV writers on medical issues.

I got an invite to this event but couldn't travel back east for it but I was able to pass the invitation on to some of my colleagues in that area. HHS has a national and global impact but I love HHS because I get to meet many major TV actors and writers right here in LA. I am still amazed that I get to hang around with these people! Wow, my favs -- medicine and Hollywood combined! It's like a dream(lol)! God is so amazing!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment