Keeping The Faith In Hollywood!

Keeping The Faith In Hollywood!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Cirque Du Soleil At The Grove

Sun 8/22 Cirque Du Soleil at the Grove

It was way hot on Sunday but I headed to the Grove after church to see Cirque Du Soleil and to hang out with my cuz, her niece and the triplets. The show consisted of five 30 minute segments interspersed with the Italian-esque clowning of Luigi and his bumbling magician side-kicks. The best trick was when they made an audience member, pulled onstage for the trick, blushing and bra-less to the audiences laughter and delight. They raffled off a few tickets to see various Cirque De Soleil shows in Las Vegas (including hotel stay) but I didn't win any. They also played music from the Beatles and John Lennon during intermission and I danced as we walked along to "Hey Jude" then I held the hand of one of the triplets (can't tell you which one) as "I want to hold your hand" played over the loudspeakers. Good times.

For the adults:
The highlight of the day were short performances of the Asian martial arts-inspired Ka, and flaming-lasso wielding cow guys and flirty cow girls dancing to Elvis.

For the kids:
Especially popular was the face painting for kids up to age 14. The face painting was done by local artists and clowns who were very talented and patient, especially with the wee little ones. We tried to get them to paint our adult faces but they weren't having any of it(lol). The line for face painting was ridiculous though considering the heat but parents stuck it out so that their kids would be happy. There was also free photos and lots and lots of bubbles. The Cirque staff handed out fake clown noses, rabbit masks and pins of a variety of Cirque shows while performers demonstrated and taught juggling and gave balancing demos to the kids. All the kids were so happy and smiling from ear to ear. In fact, if smiles were gold I would have been rich(lol).

My knowledge and love of all things kids came in a bit handy in the huge throng of excited kids. There were so many people there that it felt like a zoo at times and I had to keep myself from getting sensory overload. I did great though and even helped one dad find his missing 5 year old son. I also helped prevent a few near falls, eye pokes and near spills of a few kids (you can't take your eyes off of them, folks). This was all funny to me as we came close to "misplacing" at least one of the triplets ourselves. By the end of the day, I found myself praying silently for God to bless parents of triplets because triplets are really a handful! However, seeing how happy and loving they can be confirms the Bible verse:

Psalm 127:3

Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.


Yes, children (in any quantity or duplication) are definitely a blessing from God! It certainly was a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment