Keeping The Faith In Hollywood!

Keeping The Faith In Hollywood!

Monday, November 8, 2010

AFM 2010



AFM is in full swing this year at it's usual site, the Loew's Hotel, Santa Monica. AFM has over 400 films from over 60 countries, showing in 16 area theaters and all the deal makers and film distributors you can handle. I headed there last Thurs to network with industry insiders and to people watch, of course. I met filmmakers and distributors from India, Hong Kong and Canada and many who are based in L.A. or New York. I also attended the wacky TromaDance press conference which promotes the film festival.

I didn't get into a single screening but I did get to see President Obama's Indonesian look-alike which was real fun. The guy actually looks a lot like the prez but he's only 5'6" max(see video). I also discovered the AMC Criterion 6 Theater along the 3rd Str. Promanade. It is an old 50's style theater that has been nicely refurbished and it sits across the street from a modern AMC 16 theater. Still, if given a choice I would choose the Criterion just for its nostalgia.


No comments:

Post a Comment